Thursday, August 16, 2012

Because The Pain Will Never Go Away

(Sometimes I Dream of You)

"Hide and seek," Stiles says and chuckles.

"It never works, I always find you," Derek mutters and Stiles laughs again.

"This time you wont, I’ve got a really good place," Stiles disappears from view and Derek hauls himself from under the car, finds him lounging on the hood. There’s a strip of skin between his jeans and his t-shirt, that line of hair just taunting him because Derek knows what it feels like under his fingers. Except he can’t feel it anymore, can’t run his tongue up at and feel the shivers in Stiles’s body, or they noises that Stiles would make.

"Well then I don’t want to play," Derek takes a step towards the house, brushes his hands against his jeans and looks up to find Stiles with his arms crossed in front of him. 

"You have to Derek," he says, in the voice he used to use whenever Derek got hurt, the irritated, worried voice. 

"Stiles," Stiles raises an eyebrow and grins, the annoying grin he used whenever he was trying to get Derek to do something he didn’t want to. Derek sighs. 

"You have to," Stiles says, holding his hand out, palm almost touching Derek’s chest. Derek closes his eyes because he doesn’t want to see that, doesn’t want to see Stiles hand on him. 

"Why?"

"Because you have to lose me," Stiles cocks his head to the side.

"I don’t want to," Derek walks around him and slams the door to the house, but not before Stiles’s voice echoes in his ears. 

"I know" 


 Some things just completely break me - and this is one of them.