Sunday, February 28, 2010

Helloooo white fashion

I thought instead of just posting new stuff when I fall in love with something (and everyone knows that falling in love, even when it comes to fashion, doesn't happen very often) I should also show you guys what I tend to like and dislike in general. So from now on I don't have to love something to post it here, haha.

I'll therefore show you guys some dresses and shoes I found when shopping online at BCBG and Guess. Since white (and black/white) is the colour this year I have found tons of charming and elegant cocktail dresses in white or combined with another colour. I have actually begun really liking the idea of a white summer dress for 2010. Take a look :)



All three dresses are from BCBG Maxazria. They can be bought for $328/€258, $278/€218 and $358/€281.

I also found these two looovely bags while shopping online:
Both shoulder bags are from Monsoon Accessorize. The first is called "Ellen Frame Bag" and costs $138/€108, while the second is called "Felix Flower Turnlock Cross Body Bag" and costs $46/€36. I've got to admit that I love the idea of the rose growing out of the bag (and I have a thing for roses at the moment). At the same time I'd probably use the blue shoulder bag more as it's more practical and the price is a lot better. I might actually go buy it.. soon. A student has got to invest in the correct things, right?

I like the idea that white is the new black. It's so much lighter (although I'm a big fan of black style), summer'y and .. I'd say free spirited but I don't believe clothes can be free spirited, haha.
If you're not a huge fan of white take a look at the colour trends we will have in 2010 in general: http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--Interfileres-Colour-Trends-SpringSummer-2010-1976.html. They might give you some inspiration. Noone says it has to be pure white (though I would recommend staying away from the "young shoot" and "Indigo" colour).

Mix it up, have fun with the trendy colours. I'll be looking forward to seeing a lot of white, nuances of red, soft and refined pinks, mauves and neutrals in full evolution.